Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Question.

Angie Atkinson CMJ 2011
Recently I've had to compose a lot of "elevator speeches," or little blurbs to describe my music in a short amount of time.

The other day I described it as "music for the woman in the cotton dress, watching the sunset while she folds the laundry on her front porch in Wyoming."

On Sonicbids, I put it this way: "I'm a Mississippi girl living in Harlem. I love boys, and I (apparently) love getting my heart broken, and I love writing songs about it. Sound-wise, I like landing somewhere between Pump-era Aerosmith and The Dixie Chicks. In short, I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. But nothing like the Osmonds, unless you count the dimples."



CMJ 2011 Music Marathon summed me up for their line-up page thusly: "Country girl in the big city marries her two worlds."





How would YOU describe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment